Spring Bulbs have arrived!
It’s been busy in the plant shop with boxes and boxes of Spring Bulbs arriving. We are working to get them ready to sell this weekend. Varieties include daffodils, crocus, snowdrops, hyacinth, alliums, miniature iris, and much more.
Tips for planting spring bulbs
Now is the time to get spring flowering bulbs, planted either in the ground or into pots to give cheerful spring colour next year.
- If planting in pots I’d recommend using specialist Bulb Fibre, supplied to us this year by bulb experts, Taylors Bulbs
- plant several different types of bulb in one pot to give a succession of flowering times and a variety of heights.
- Plant autumn/winter bedding plants over the top, such as pansies, violas, forget-me-nots or primroses to give an even brighter and longer display. Wallflowers should be ready in a couple of weeks, and we are taking orders for these just now.
Other New Stock
We’ve also got some new plants in stock just now, including:
- a beautiful new Astrantia called Burgundy Manor, which is a lovely wine red colour;
- 4 different varieties of candelabra primulas which are huge plants and look set to produce masses of flowers early next summer;
- hardy ferns suitable for damp and shady spots in the garden, or for planting in tubs and pots in a cool place. We have a good variety of leaf textures, heights and shapes of this interesting group of plants.
- More statues and garden ornaments are due in from two different suppliers, following the success of last week’s delivery which sold very quickly.
- More wild bird food and feeders are also due in.
New Range of Ornamental Garden Pots
We are all looking forward to the release of the new seasons range of ornamental garden pots. The local rep for these is visiting next week with a brand new catalogue and I’ll be placing an order for immediate delivery. I’ll let you know when this comes in.
There is plenty to look forward to in the garden, and with all our plants being container grown, you can plant all year round as long as the ground conditions are suitable. Just now conditions are perfect, with plenty of sunshine to warm the soil and lots of rain to keep new plants well watered!
Best wishes to you all, and hope to see you over the next few days to enjoy our selection of bulbs – browsers in the shop are most welcome!