Mini Garden Festival – 9th June
Our next “Mini Garden Festival” is this coming Wednesday, 9th June.
We will be welcoming back Helen from Tinnisburn Plants , a small family run nursery from Dumfries and Galloway. Half a Hedgerow from Kelso will also be exhibiting their garden obelisks and ornaments once more. We are also hoping that we will be able to offer Streptocarpus from indoor plant specialists, Dibley’s – fingers crossed that the delivery arrives in time! The event will run from 11am – 4pm.
Last month we had an issue with parking with everyone turning up early – don’t panic, there is enough stock for everyone, so please don’t feel you have to attend in the morning as there will be plenty of plants available all afternoon too! If the carpark is full, please be patient – we will fit you in as soon as we can.
This week in the Plant Centre
The plant centre is bursting to the brim with plants, so there is still plenty on offer if you can’t make Wednesday. We have our best range of shrubs yet – look out for
Cistus (Rock Rose) corbariensis, purpureus and Snow White, Olearia haastii, Ozothamnus Silver Jubilee, Skimmia Kew Green, Spiraea arguta (Bridal Wreath). We have so many perennials in stock that some are being temporarily displayed on pallets, highlights include:
- Anemone Wild Swan – a much sought after perennial with white flowers and a distinctive blue back to the petals
- Geum Totally Tangerine – probably the best of all the orangey geums with good vigorous growth masses of flowers
- Geranium Pink Penny – a really pretty hardy geranium and one of the longest flowering varieties available
- Digitalis luteum – a perennial foxglove with small creamy yellow flowers
- Brunnera Jack Frost – one of the most popular silver leaved Brunneras with delightful forget-me-not type flowers
- Euphorbia characias wulfenii and robbiae – we’ve been waiting all season for these to come in stock and they are selling fast!
- Persicaria bistorta Superba – a magnificent perennial with candy pink spires of flowers held above vigorous ground cover foliage.
We have also received a new delivery of bedding plants and vegetable plants for you to squeeze a few extra into your garden.